Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Who and Why?

Hello to those who have "encouraged and pushed" me into finally doing this blog.  I suppose to start a blog, you probably should know who I am and why I am doing this.  My name is Brianne.  I am a wife, mom to two beautiful children, a dance studio owner/teacher, avid reader, lover of ANYTHING that has to do with Disney, penny pincher, travel hacker, baker, child at heart, Pretty Little Liars watcher (don't judge) and chocolate lover.
A couple years ago my husband and I found ourselves in a situation most people find themselves in. My husband was accepted into graduate school and I wanted to stay home with our little girl.  This meant MAJOR sacrifice and MAJOR money issues.  We both felt I needed to stay home, even though I had a Licensed Practical Nursing Degree with a VERY good paying job.  At that moment I decided that I would dedicate my life to making sure my husband NEVER worried about us having enough money.  I read up on MILLIONS of articles on how to save money, couponing, cooking for cheap...etc.  After three years of living on practically nothing, I learned how to live with very little income.  My husband graduated and was hired at a good paying job. We even cried when he received his first pay check.  That one paycheck was almost HALF of what he made in an entire YEAR!  That was the second time in my life I decided that we would be smart with our money. We wanted to make the money work for us.  Even though my husband makes more than he made a couple years ago, we still live mostly like we are students.  I just don't see the fun in spending $100 on a pair of jeans that I could coupon and buy for $20.  This blog will be about different things I have done in my life to save money such as couponing, travel hacking and budgeting.  I hope you all enjoy my CRAZINESS on how I manage our money. :)


Brianne

No comments:

Post a Comment